Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lenten Journey - Day 11 March 15

1. Thankful that today 'new and old friends' will continue to build community with one another at our last Kairos Outside #12 team formation meeting. "Listen ~ listen~love~love" our motto. The retreat in April is going to be exciting! The guest list is long. Kairos Outside is a retreat for women who have or have had a loved one incarcerated. No cost to guests, we hold many fund-raisers. If you need information, please let me know and I will  try to get some for  where you live.
2. Thankful for this new day...a gift from God for all of us.
3. Grateful for the inspiration my friend Denise found!
4.  Thankful that my husband and I attended the Stations of the Cross together last night at our parish.
5. Thankful to hear the 'very excited response' on a phone message from one of my sisters, when I left a message sharing I'm coming for a two-day visit soon.
6. Thankful for 'Fr. Joe' her parish priest in the small town she lives in. When I saw his photo attached to her purse a few weeks ago...bsol (big smile out loud).  I'd say out loud 'Hi Fr. Joe' whenever I saw the photo.  No, I don't him, however it's just precious that she thinks so much of him (that she carries his picture, hanging from her purse). Fr. Joe, checks on her and sends her text messages of inspiration. How kind is that!
7. Thankful for another day living in the country.
8. Thankful for my colleagues at work. They lead extraordinary lives. 
9. Thankful for Paula - Leader of Outside Kairos #12. The team meetings have been well organized and fun.
10.  Grateful for the joy of celebrating the saints, like the' wearing of the green' nail polish today through Monday March 17th. Something not typical for me to do. The older I get, the more I realize the importance of having fun.  Join the fun, let's celebrate the saints! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment