| "Man can count the apples on a tree, only God can count the trees in an apple" (anonymous) |
Love ~ Getting me off my mind and helping someone else.
Peace ~ The wonderful free gift from God!
Joy ~ J for Jesus, O for others and Y for yourself. A clever message learned long ago, it is the order of unselfishness, being His servant, being His servant to others and our self last. JOY dish soap is nice to have in the kitchen.
Patience ~ A virtue I constantly fall short of...all I can do is keep trying...
Kindness ~ Years ago a total stranger told me that I had a kind face. Oh my, that meant so much to me, more than she knew. I pray I will give kindness as I have received. It can make all the difference in some one's life.
Goodness ~ I always think of Godness...leaving that one o out!
Faithfulness ~ Where worry and doubt end...faith begins
Gentleness ~ life, a baby, a butterfly, a warm smile to say 'I accept you' without any words.
Self-Control ~ Doing the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do. Balance and care, remembering always that our human body, is a temple of the Holy Spirit.
I would love for you to share a comment about insights you have when you think about
the 'Fruits of the Spirit'. Thank you in advance.
A little prayer ..."Would I? Could I Lord? Is is possible that I have some of these marvelous fruits of the Spirit to share with the world around me?" "I know Lord that the world would be a better place if everyone would share some fruits. There is a hunger for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I wish to bear a lot fruit, not apples but fruits of the Spirit for I am your child and I want to please you. I wish to feel Your smile upon me. Let the branches of my arms be full of needed encouragement and love as plentiful of the good fruits as our apple trees will bear. Yes Lord, I know it's going to be hard and somewhat painful. I'm going to keep trying. I ask this in your holy name, Jesus. Amen".
(Photo of our farm apple trees taken this evening August 16, 2011)
Hi Patty,
ReplyDeleteGood morning! I'm happy you liked the post about God Coming to Dinner...to get to Dore's blog, you just go on that same post and where it says "Guest Artist" (right under the picture of the table setting) it also says Dore and you click on that...By clicking on her name, it will take you right to her blog...it's gorgeous so I'm sure you'd want to see it! Have a beautiful day and thank you so much for visiting.
Hugs,
Cindy
xo