Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hope


The word 'Hope' is one of my very favorite words. I love to share too, that purple is the color of hope. Honestly, I don't know where I learned that but I adopted the idea long ago. Often I meet people who are searching for something special to fill them and I believe the virtue of 'Hope' is the answer. My favorite definition of the word - Hope is expecting something good to happen.

It's important that we remember that Christ died on the cross, paying a debt He didn't owe so that you and I could live and enjoy our life too the fullest now and in Eternity. We are His and He cares about every little detail concerning us, no matter how small. "Even the little cut on my finger?" you ask. Yes, even that.

My hope is that you really...REALLY believe that you are very precious to God. If you're going through a hard time, please have faith, you are NOT alone. He is with us and wants importantly to be our everything. Expect something good to happen.

Thank you Cindy, for the invite to share. I'm looking forward to reading what everyone shares. Thank you for stopping by. Happy Friday!

9 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful word. Life would be very difficult if there was not such a thing as hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope....something we all need. A beautiful word.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, hope is a wonderful word...In fact, in addition to love and food, I believe it is the one thing that all human beings need....No matter what challenge someone is facing, it is the hope of things improving that helps them get through it....

    Thank you for linking this up!
    HUGS,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an uplifting post! And thanks for dittoing my own post by saying how precious we are to the Lord. Hope is so important and iseems to be missing in much of today's world. I think all people of God should be messengers of hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. People who are hopeless are truly difficult to reach. I have worked with some hopeless folks in prison as a nurse (psych) and having hope sustains the soul. Of course I believe Jesus is my only hope. I see you volunteer at a prison. That is wonderful. Pray and be careful.
    hugs ♥ olive

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can never lose site of the fact that HOPE is always near and never far as long as we believe and have faith. What a lovely word you have chosen, thank you for this!

    Take care!
    SmileS!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope is also my favorite word here at the link party as well as a few others Cindy told me. I have just started going through the posts and they are all amazing. I love your words spoken about the hope that the lord gave us by giving his life for us..

    Take Care~ Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Patty - amen and AMEN! Very well said and so blessedly true. Thank you for such sweet words of encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope IS a beautiful word. Thanks for your sweet post and your pretty blog. I "hope" you'll stop by Gail-Friends again real soon. Love and Shalom to you.

    ReplyDelete